Solved

User controllable channel preference?

• 2 June 2023
  • 2 replies

I was looking at the subscription center and it seems like it only allows for broad opt-in/opt-out at the topic level. Is there a way to allow a user to customize which channels (sms vs email, etc.) they want to receive messages from a given topic on?

icon

Best answer by Felix 2 June 2023, 09:30

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4

Hey Andrew,

currently there is only a “first-level” possible in the subscription center and no way to group options. I personally hope the CIO team will launch something more adavanced, too (I am confident will do, though 😉).

I previously had the same challenge and right now I figured out there are two options:

• You work with the “first-level” option and specify the channel in e.g. the description part (see screenshot below)
  • You build your own subscription center and use connected forms to update your users. Here is a how to by CIO.

Hope that helps,
Felix

Thanks Felix! That connected form might be the best option for us as we already have a preference center built out already. Hopefully more native multi-channel support happens in the future as that would help make building workflows simpler too!