Question

React Native SDK question - Javascript

• 16 February 2023
  • 4 replies

When my app is in the background and I get a push notification, it is displaying push through the SDK, I want to have control to display a notification through javascript instead. Can I do that? 

4 replies

Hey Taylor :) 

For now, the SDK is the only route, as there isn’t any way to control this with a Javascript Snippet while simultaneously displaying notifications. 

Customer.io is making so many improvements in the mobile and in-app features all the time though, so never say never!

Cheers!

Badge

Hi @Taylor244 , I’m sending your request to our mobile team!  To make sure I’m representing it accurately, can you share how you would use the “control to display a notification through javascript” if it were available?

Hi @ljho , 

For context, I’m wanting to send send metrics to my backend every time a user
receives a push notification. I’d like it to pass some user data and the status of
the notification, delivered, opened, among others. Is this possible?

Badge

Thanks for the quick response!  Adding this to my notes to the team.

This doesn’t cover the additional user data and notification states that you mention, but it may help:

Delivered and Opened are tracked and published to Reporting Webhooks, which would allow you to update your data server-side every time a push is delivered or opened.