Solved

Push Notifications best practices

• 28 April 2023
  • 1 reply

Hello Customer.io Community,

I hope this post finds you well. I am currently working on implementing a notification center in my app and would like to know the best way to use Customer.io for this purpose. We previously used Firebase to trigger specific notifications, and we want to user customer.io for this in the future, for more flexibility.

Our app has a notification center that displays all notifications for a user chronologically, including categorization. These notifications are probably managed through our backend, but we now want to send specific notifications to the user through mobile push notifications. The user should also have the ability to deactivate or activate certain notifications.

I am looking for advice and insights from the community on the best practices for implementing this feature with Customer.io. How have you successfully implemented notifications in your app using Customer.io? What tips and tricks can you share to ensure success?

I appreciate any input and guidance from the community. Thank you in advance for your time and help.

icon

Best answer by Byron 28 April 2023, 16:10

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 2

Byron here from the Customer.io technical support team. 

To help get you started, if you haven’t already tried our new subscription center, I recommend getting that set up so that you can apply subscription topics to your campaigns and broadcasts that are sending push notifications. Once subscription topics are set up and applied to your push notifications, your customers can access their subscription preferences to decide which topics they want to opt in and out of.

Documentation: https://customer.io/docs/subscription-center/