Skip to main content
Question

Push Notification Priority React Native SDK

• 12 June 2024
  • 3 replies

I have setup CustomerIO for push notifications in my React-Native app and its working fine but i would like for the notifications to popup at the top instead of just making a sound.

3 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi there, 

Byron here from the Customer.io technical support team. Which version of our React Native SDK are you using?

When sending push notifications from Customer.io, are you sending a custom push payload or are you sending from our rich push editor? If you’re sending a custom payload, can you share an example of the payload you’re sending?

I’m not sure what you mean by the push notification not popping up at the top. When you receive a push notification on your devices, are you not able to view it?

Hi there, 

Byron here from the Customer.io technical support team. Which version of our React Native SDK are you using?

When sending push notifications from Customer.io, are you sending a custom push payload or are you sending from our rich push editor? If you’re sending a custom payload, can you share an example of the payload you’re sending?

I’m not sure what you mean by the push notification not popping up at the top. When you receive a push notification on your devices, are you not able to view it?

Im using the latest one. 3.7.0.

To send I am using the rich push editor, but I also tried using the custom push payload when troubleshooting.

When user receives the notification on android, it arrives fine except it just makes a sound or vibrates and adds an icon in the status bar. However, I want it to come up on top or as you refer to it - be a “Heads Up” notification as in the attached.

Userlevel 2

Thanks for clarifying! The Android docs mention the conditions required to display the heads-up notificationhttps://developer.android.com/develop/ui/views/notifications#Heads-up

If you’re meeting the conditions with your push notifications, would you mind writing to us (the CIO support team) at win@customer.io with a link to one of the push notifications you’re sending from your workspace + a reference back to this post?