Question

Liquid Messing Up

• 18 November 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi, 

I have a Flutter app. We’re sending Push Notifications using custom payloads (Customerio doesn’t have a Flutter SDK yet, so the only way we can send push notifications is with custom payloads). Users get “firstName” attributes. I pull this attribute into push notifications using the following liquid:

{% if customer.firstName != blank %}{{ customer.firstName }}{% else%}friend{%endif%}

Half the time it works, but half the time it doesn’t and I’m wondering if there’s something I’m doing wrong or if this is a Customerio bug? The basic situation is this: 

1. Create new user that has a firstName value (this value is correctly showing up in the user’s Profile in Customerio)
  2. Send a test push notification to the device ID associated with this user that utilizes the above liquid 
  3. Push notification arrives on the device. About half the time the firstName gets pulled correctly, but half the time the “else” value “friend” gets put in (even though the user has a firstName value) 

Any suggestions? 

Thanks, 

Toby 

1 reply

Badge

Hi Toby, this example was recently sent my way and I wanted to check if you’re still experiencing inconsistent results when sending your test push notification with liquid?  We definitely wouldn’t expect the message to change between tests, so please reply if it’s still happening.

And some good news to help free you from the custom paypload:  we also just launched the Flutter SDK (alpha) and would love to have you take a look!