Solved

In-App Message Question: Can I track which button is clicked and do something with that data?

• 25 May 2023
  • 1 reply

I’d like to track which button is clicked in an In-App Message. Is it possible to do this?

icon

Best answer by Maddie 25 May 2023, 01:59

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 1

Hi @mcc,

Thank you for your question!

It sounds like you're speaking about the ability to conduct micro-surveys via in-app messages. This is currently an open feature request, so we're going to add an "upvote" to that request so that our Product team knows this would be a valuable addition.

Currently, there are workarounds to track a specific button click, but it will require a lot of development resources as the workaround involves custom button actions and event listeners in your app.

We can't detail every step here, but to summarise of how this would work, you would need to build your in-app template so that a custom button action is used, and your application would have to add custom action event listeners that will capture the event. Once the event is captured, you could send an identify or track call back to Customer.io, and/or do something within your application.

I hope this information is helpful, let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

- Maddie