Solved

Customerio SDK needed for in-app messages?

• 5 April 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi, 

My app is built in Flutter. Customerio doesn’t have a Flutter SDK, so I’m using Segment to trigger events, etc. and make Customerio work. Do I need to have the Customerio SDK in order to do the new in-app messages? Or can I do it with my current tech stack? 

Thanks, 

Toby 

icon

Best answer by aaron 7 April 2023, 15:50

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi there Toby! I’m happy to let you know that Customer.io does indeed have a Flutter SDK, which just released its version 1.0.0 this week, after an initial beta release: https://www.customer.io/docs/release-notes/#2023-04-03-flutter-official-release

With that clarity, I do want to let you know that In-App messaging does require the use of our official SDKs at this time, but we are looking at feedback regarding support for Segment as well. I’ll be happy to add your inquiry as feedback for our Product team on that Feature Request.

If you need any additional support as you look into our Flutter SDK, please reach out to us through the Need Help? link near the top-right of your Customer.io workspace. I hope you have an excellent weekend!

Hi Aaron, 

Oh glad to hear Customerio’s Flutter SDK is out of beta! We’ll probably just use that. Though I’m a bit hesitant to use such an early release. Are you finding bugs? How stable is the release? 

Thanks, 

Toby