Solved

Add attributes from in-app message

• 25 May 2023
  • 1 reply

I’d like to collect some user data from an in-app message and add this information as a profile attribute. For example, I would like to determine if they prefer text or email communication. What would be the best way to collect this information and store it on the profile via an in-app message?

icon

Best answer by Erica 25 May 2023, 17:01

View original

1 reply

Badge

Hi @misty!

Thank you for posting to our Community! I'm happy to help with your in-app question. :)

It sounds like you would like to add micro-surveys within in-app messages, which our Product team has as an open feature request. We will add your "upvote" to that request so our Product team knows this would be valuable to you.

In the meantime, there is a workaround; however, it will require development resources as it involves custom button actions and event listeners. You would need to use a custom button action, and your team would have to add event listeners that will capture the event and send an identify call back to Customer.io that contains the attribute data. You may find these sections of our documentation useful here:

I hope this sets you on the right track. If you have any further questions about this, or if I can help with anything else, please don't hesitate to reach out!

Best,

Erica