Solved

Unable to login

• 6 April 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I am unable to login to Customer.io as I seem to have misplaced my Authentication Code.

How can I reset my account so I can get into my account?

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 6 April 2022, 09:22

View original

1 reply

The most straightforward way for you to get going again will be for one of the admin team members on your account to erase your user and then add it again via the Team Members section. Team member accounts have no account data associated with them so it's completely safe to be completely removed and re-added.

If you cannot do that for some reason then we'll need to go through a verification process, but that will take longer than your team member recreating the account. We have this strict process in place to protect your account against social engineering-type hacks and thank you for your understanding if we end up going this route.

Also here's a quick pro-tip for once you get back into your account and set up 2FA again. We provide a set of backup codes that are each one-time-use only for getting into your account in the event you lose or change your 2FA device. You can view or re-generate them from https://fly.customer.io/settings/personal/security/backup_codes while logged into your account. Here's a screenshot of what the page looks like for my account (I obscured the codes for security reasons of course).

backup_codes.png