Question

SMS triggered by button click inside email

• 6 October 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi community, i would like to know if its possible to trigger an SMS via a button click that is part of an email.

3 replies

Hello Cynamon,

Thank you for your question! One way to trigger as SMS when someone clicks a link in your email is to use a segment-triggered campaign. Your segment condition can be:

You can then use this segment as a trigger for your campaign, and in your campaign, you can add SMS action in your workflow. 

I hope this helps, Cynamon! Have a great rest of your day!

Not exactly what i was looking for.

My objective is to incorporate a button within an email, which, upon the user's click, activates a trigger that subsequently sends an SMS to the same user.

Thank you for the additional explanation. Would the below setup work for you with the “Wait until...”? You can still use a similar segment I shared in the previous response in the "Wait until..." condition to determine when to send the SMS to a profile. This means the profile will move to receive the SMS when they enters the segment where they have to click a specific tracked link in the email first.

You can also set a "Maximum wait" time in case the profile doesn't click the link in the email. After the maximum wait time, the profile will be moved to the next item in the workflow instead of receiving an SMS.

I hope this helps :)