In-App Messaging: How do you like it?

• 26 September 2022
  • 5 replies

Hey all! 

I’m wondering if anyone has gotten started with the new in-app messaging feature (formally Gist). 

We are trying to get ahead of any potential headaches/bugs with the feature so if anyone out there has any insights (or would like to connect), I’d love to hear about your experience (especially if you’re also building on React Native)!

5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey 👋 

I am currently using customer.io templates and adapt them to my branding and style. 

It seems to work well for now, and recent in-app library documentation helps a lot. I wish, however we could have an option to delete the ones we no longer use. 

I really like the fact that I can create it and use it in my communication flows and I no longer need webhooks :)

Badge

Thanks for sharing your experience and being an early adopter of in-app, Ester! 

We hear you on the need to delete old messages.  Good news-- we are working on adding support for this, including preventing or warning if the message is currently in use.  This and more updates to in-app are coming over the next few weeks! 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@Esther Good news! Deleting unused templates for in-app is now live! 

Userlevel 1

Thank you @Rachel I appreciate it! I was using folders but the fact I can now delete them is amazing!

We have been using in app mesaging for some custom / personalized messaging.  works great with the workflows.

I’d like to have more flexibility with the form of message deployed in-app.  How can I show a custom size and format of in app message rather than just the example types?