Solved

How to create "Environment specific variables"?

• 15 September 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi,

We are using 2 workspaces to differentiate our staging and production environments. First of all, is this the right thing to do?

A pain-point of doing so is that when we want to copy an email template from Staging to Production, we have to manually update all the links. Is there a way to create a kind of environment variable that we could use in  Liquid like `{{ env.APP_URL }}` ?

It could also be useful for storing some API keys we use in the Fetch data step of our workflows.

icon

Best answer by Mau 18 September 2023, 08:21

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3

Hi there, 

I’m afraid, we don’t have a way to copy or reference environment variables at the moment. However, we do have a "copy workflow items" feature that allows you to copy an entire workflow or individual workflow items between campaigns and workspaces. 

You can learn more about it here: https://customer.io/docs/journeys/copying-workflow-items/

I hope that helps! 

Best,

Mau

We are actually already using the “copy from workflow” feature. However, it doesn’t address the issue I mentioned because we still have to manually update all env specific variables and content.