Solved

Can I send send messages based on a user's timezone and location?

• 24 February 2023
  • 1 reply

I know you can choose when to send messages, but does it take the uses timezone into consideration? 

icon

Best answer by Kratai P. 9 April 2023, 00:52

View original

1 reply

Hello Alisha,

Thank you for your question!

You can send messages in users' time zones if you specify that in the setting and your users have the attribute timezone(please note that the value must be in the Regional Format shown here).

In a campaign, time zone match is available when using a “Time Window” delay in your workflows:

With this setting, you can tell Customer.io to wait until a given time in a customer’s time zone before taking the next action. You can also add a fall back timezone in case the prior isn't available.

You can learn more about Time Window on our documentation here.

In a newsletter, you are offered the option to schedule delivery for a later time. When select “Schedule”, you will see the option to select the user’s timezone:

You must also set a fallback here, telling Customer.io which time zone to use if a customer doesn’t have the timezone attribute. Note that you cannot limit send rate in combination with scheduling the newsletter to send in user time zones.

You can find more information about user’s timezone here: https://customer.io/docs/timezone-match/#_

I hope this answers your question, Alisha!