Solved

Can I Automate my business with Customer.io?

• 12 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi all,

Looking to potentially get onboard with customer.io ​​​​.

Here’s what I currently do 

1. Keynote Speaker Assistant requests technical liaison help for a gig
  2. They fill out a typeform with event and contact details 
  3. I contact the production company of the event they’re speaking at and confirm and organise the appropriate gear for the client speaking 
  4. A few days prior to event I update Client with details from AV companies

I want to automate the process of being the middle man between Keynote speakers and AV companies. Whether this be by having an AI that talks to the production company and organises everything itself, or another way. I’m looking to automate this process so I can scale more.

Please let me know if you think this is possible.

Kind regards,
Patrick

icon

Best answer by Felix 12 May 2023, 08:33

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4

Hey pmiddelton,

my first idea here in order to autmate this with CIO would be as follows:

• client submits form via Typeform
    • register information in CIO via webhook (default Typeform <> CIO setup)
      • Save client information as person (including specific customer type attribute, e.g. customer_type = client
      • Save request information (date, type, etc) as object
      • Note: production company field shouldn’t be a free text field here in order to get a match / identify production company
    • send submittion was successfull email to client
  • send email (and reminders) automatically with Typeform link to production company (which is saved as person with e.g. customer_type = production_company)
    • pass over ID of the request (object) in URL (when submitting the ID can be passed back to CIO once again to identify the object
  • send confirmation of production company email to client
    • Let them confirm the information/ date etc.
    • send a “save to calendar” link
  • (Optional) send a confirmation of the client to production company

This setup would not include challenges like changes (e.g. date and time of the event), though. For this you will have to setup up an account structure or another Typeform. You could handle changes manually until this is automated as well.

Just my first thoughts, but hope that helps somehow 😉

Felix

Hey Felix,

Thanks so much for the response! I never thought about it like that. In this sense are you basically just automating emails to the production company?

Thanks again,

Patrck

Userlevel 4

Yes, exactly. Please keep in mind here that I am not aware of all processes that are involved here, so there might be some more things to think through/ consider 🙂