Solved

Use a 'reply-to' email adress that is not verified?

• 12 April 2023
  • 1 reply

So I want to add the email of my recruitment ATS software (Recruitee) as the Reply-to email.

This so that when someone replies, i can see the email in Recruitee. An example of such email is koen@bluebeach.recruitee.com. 

But, I can not change my DNS to verify the domain as it’s an tool I am using. 

Although that doesn’t make sense to me, as Reply-to email address is an header in the email and could be literally anything, right? Why does my domain need to be verified for that?

Any work arounds?

icon

Best answer by Ryan_cio 13 April 2023, 09:48

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 2

Hi there,

In this case - the domain of your reply-to email address is not something that can be verified by us. It is only required that you verify this domain if you wish to send emails from this address.

Therefore, you can set this up by adding the domain to your Workspace email settings. It will remain unverified but once you’ve added the domain and an email address, you’ll be able to select it in the “reply-to” email address.

Alternatively, you could set up an email address from your verified domain that forwards emails to your ATS software. I prefer this option as I can set the reply-to email address to a custom one with my domain for these types of replies, ensuring I still receive the emails and have access to them outside of the third-party software if necessary.

Hopefully, this helps to clear things up but if you need any further assistance, please feel free to get in touch!

Ryan