Question

Send emails via broadcast to external people

• 17 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello everyone, I would like to know if I can send emails via broadcaster to people who do not exist in People. I have tried to create a manual segment, it does not load any record since nobody is in People.
I really appreciate your help!!

3 replies

Userlevel 4

Hello Rafael,

I think the only option you have to use API-triggered Broadcasts. In any other case you will have to use either (webhook-triggered) campaigns or create the person.

A manual segment is a static group of people which means the segment is only create after you imported people. There is no way to not store the information in CIO with this feature.

I am not sure what your goal or intention is, but in case you do not want to store these people in CIO because you do not want to exceed your included number of profiles of your subscription, you can try a workaround:

After creating your manual segment and sending out the broadcast, you can go to People, filter by your manual segment and delete all people forever

Hope that helps,

Felix

Hello Rafael,

I think the only option you have to use API-triggered Broadcasts. In any other case you will have to use either (webhook-triggered) campaigns or create the person.

A manual segment is a static group of people which means the segment is only create after you imported people. There is no way to not store the information in CIO with this feature.

I am not sure what your goal or intention is, but in case you do not want to store these people in CIO because you do not want to exceed your included number of profiles of your subscription, you can try a workaround:

After creating your manual segment and sending out the broadcast, you can go to People, filter by your manual segment and delete all people forever

Hope that helps,

Felix

Hi @Felix ! My intention is to send a welcome email to people who haven't downloaded our app yet :)

Userlevel 4

Hey @rafael.bagur,

thanks for your clarification. Why do you not want to store the person in customer.io? 😁