Skip to main content
Question

Request for Domain Change

• 9 July 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi there,

I am currently using the email-sending domain cio13xxx.mydomain.com, and I would like to change this domain to cio_a.mydomain.com. Could you please guide me on how to proceed with this change?

Additionally, I would like to know if the following configuration is appropriate for this new domain:

MX Records:

• MX cio_a mxa.mailgun.org 10
  • MX cio_a mxb.mailgun.org 10

SPF Record

• TXT cio_a v=spf1 include:mailgun.org ~all

DKIM Record

• TXT krs._domainkey.cio_a k=rsa;p=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX/XXXXX/XXXXXX

DMARC Record

• TXT _dmarc.cio_a v=DMARC1; p=quarantine; rua=mailto:_dmarcreport@mydomain.com; ruf=mailto:dmarcreport@mydomain.com; sp=quarantine; adkim=r; aspf=r

Thank you for your assistance.

Best regards,
Xiang

1 reply

Userlevel 4

Hi @grayfox233 

Unfortunately it isn’t possible to change the subdomain associated with your account for sending emails via your verified sending domains in Customer.io.

As outlined here in our help documentation: https://customer.io/docs/journeys/authentication/#we-will-not-take-over-your-root-domain, you must place the DNS records specific in your Sending Domains settings in your account-specific subdomain like: cio#####.yourdomain.com. 

Sorry we don’t have better news for you on this front but hope this helps to clarify!

Best,

Penny