Solved

Missing Email Option

• 8 May 2023
  • 1 reply

I’m setting up a webhook trigger connecting ClickFunnels and CustomerIO together. I’m missing email messages under Messages. What am I doing wrong?

The webhook is sending data from ClickFunnels into CustomerIO

Best,
Mike​​​​​​​

icon

Best answer by aaron 8 May 2023, 23:01

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi there! Aaron here from the Customer.io team, I hope that this finds you well.

As you noted, there are no message actions available within a data campaign, with the exception of triggering a Slack message. This means that you can't trigger an email directly from your incoming webhook data, but instead must parse it and either 1) create an event from the data, or 2) save it to a customer attribute. From there, you can set up a triggered campaign accordingly that sends based on the data you're receiving from ClickFunnels. Creating an event triggered campaign is the most common scenario, as we mention in our documentation here: https://customer.io/docs/webhook-triggered-campaigns/

So, going forward, if you want to trigger a message off of the data you're receiving from ClickFunnels, you'll first need to send that data to an event or to a customer attribute. From there, you can then leverage that data to trigger a campaign that sends an email accordingly.

I hope that helps to provide additional clarity to you here! If you have any further questions or if we can help advise further, please don't hesitate to let us know! We're here to help :)