Solved

Links click is not tracking

• 1 June 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

We just launched a campaign and I think there's an issue with one of the links. I noticed that the main CTA hasn't been clicked on (very unusual for this type of email) and when I go to email preview it's taking me to a customer.io error page but the link seems to be working in the test emails. What could the issue be? 

icon

Best answer by Rachel 1 June 2023, 19:56

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Thanks for your question. I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your button/CTA.

Getting right into the issue, when adding links within the editors, we recommend that you always build links as absolute rather than relative. If you're not familiar, the difference between an absolute and relative link is whether or not the URL for the link contains the protocol (HTTP or HTTPs).

In the case of relative URLs without the protocol, some email clients (or websites & apps) may think that the partial URL belongs to the domain someone is navigating from, which is why you are sometimes seeing the button link to an image in the email of your Customer.io account in our preview or deliveries. In other cases, an email client may know that the URL is intended to be absolute and is able to navigate a person to the correct website. To ensure the links always resolve to the correct place be sure to use absolute links.