Question

How to fix incorrect reply-to address issue

• 11 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi there,

I'm having an issue with email replies not being delivered to the correct address.

Suppose my workplace is ABC Apps, and we have a verified email address of @abcapps.com.

When I send an email broadcast, the sender address is set to tracy@abcapps.com and the reply-to address is set to help@support.com.

Therefore, all email replies should be sent to help@support.com.

However, most of the email replies are being forwarded to support@abcapps.com (the wrong reply-to address), and only a few email replies are being sent to the correct address, help@support.com.

Could you please advise why this is happening and how I can fix it to ensure that all email replies are delivered to the right reply-to email?

Thank you in advance.

3 replies

Userlevel 4

Hey Linsey,

are you 100% certain the answers to your email are replies or is there the possibility they recipients clicked on a mailto-link within the email? It happened to me before that the text and the mailto link are showing two different email adresses.

If not, can you upload the html or eml files here?

Hey Linsey,

are you 100% certain the answers to your email are replies or is there the possibility they recipients clicked on a mailto-link within the email? It happened to me before that the text and the mailto link are showing two different email adresses.

If not, can you upload the html or eml files here?

Thanks Felix. I’m 100% certain that there is no mailto-link within the email except for the Unsubcribe link. When click reply to the email as a recipient, Google also display that my reply is going to be sent to the help@support.com address (which is the correct reply-to email). 

Additional, most of the reply emails, about 9/10 emails which be sent to the wrong address are automatic reply. Is this a setting in customer.io? I’ve tried to find it but do not see anywhere in the setting. 

Userlevel 4

Hey Linsey,

I think this is a forwarding issue with your ISP to be honest. Do you have access to the support tool?

It shoudln’t be an issue with Customer.io