Solved

Does Customer.io support dark mode in developing within your editors?

• 9 January 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge

I’d prefer to create HTML emails in dark more- so much easier on the eyes :)- questions -does Customer.io have a dark mode feature I could enable?

icon

Best answer by SuperNat 9 January 2023, 12:26

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Lucy! 

There isn’t yet a dark mode for our UI, but we have a lot of dark mode fans in the company. It’s something that we’ve definitely discussed, and could make for a good development in the future. 

To the rest of the Community - is this something that you would prefer? I’d love to hear your thoughts!

Thanks,

Nat

To the rest of the Community - is this something that you would prefer? I’d love to hear your thoughts!

Definitely! I’d really want the dark mode for the whole app because at the moment I have to use the Dark Reader Chrome extension to use Customer.io in the evening and at night, and the extension doesn’t handle the colors as well as a native dark mode.

Yes, I would definitely prefer a dark mode

Badge

Hi Natalie! Thanks for your thoughtful response, glad I’m not the only one who prefers this and glad it’s on your radar :) 

Can this be requested as a feature request with an option to design for dark mode in Drag and Drop builder?

I think most email clients choose differently how they render an email in dark mode.

But having a toggle to roughly preview dark mode in the email editor would be nice.

Huge bonus points if we can have an option to select an alternative for each image: one that’s loaded normally, and another that’s loaded when the email is viewed in dark mode (e.g. swap our usual white-on-black logo image to a black-on-white image).