Solved

"Undeliverable" event for reporting webhooks?

• 23 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Reporting webhooks support “undeliverable” events (“Email Events: Undeliverable”, “SMS Events: Undeliverable” and so on), as they can be chosen as an event option in the webhook creation form. But there is no information on this type of event anywhere on the “Reporting Webhooks” docs (link 1 and link 2).
I suppose it’s just “metric”: “undeliverable” for the JSON data, but I need clarifications on “Does this event actually exist?”, “Is the payload structured similiar to the rest of events?”, “Will it be added on the docs anytime soon?” etc.

icon

Best answer by Chad 23 March 2023, 18:22

View original

1 reply

Badge

Sorry for the gap in our docs! To answer your questions:

1. Yes, this event type does actually exist.
  2. I’ll make sure that we add undeliverable events to the docs ASAP.
  3. The payloads are indeed similar to other events. The payloads should look like “failed” payloads, but with “metric” set to “undeliverable”. The `failure_message` is likely to be something like `Sending delivery would exceed message limit`.

Also, to clarify: undeliverable messages are messages that have either hit a message limit, come from a newsletter that was cancelled or deleted, or an environment that has delivery disabled (which is something you might do if you’re just testing or proving out an implementation). If you’re not using message limits, you probably won’t see this event.