Skip to main content

Hi there! 

I have taken advantage of the data pipelines to send data out from Customer.io to a google sheets and connect that with Power BI for analysis purposes. 

I was able to create actions and such and all good from there. My question and doubt now remains on this:

I have noticed that some rows are being updated but incorrectly (see image below):

I have columns with a whole bunch of attributes but, when a customer is updated (we use API calls), the data is replaced on, specially, email and created_at columns. 

My question is if there’s a way to avoid this? I want the rows to be updated but not on the wrong columns.

Hi @Joel ,

Within the Google Sheet destinations Actions Mapping, you should be able to specify specifically which properties should be updated to which fields by specifying it according:

(This is in Step 7 of our documentation here: https://customer.io/docs/cdp/destinations/connections/google-sheets-non-etl/#adding-a-sheet

In this case, you’d want to be sure that the correct columns are specified for this to work as expected.

Hopefully this is helpful for you to move you along in the right direction!

Best,

Penny