Question

Are form submission integrations rate limited somehow?

• 13 November 2023
  • 1 reply

We are integrating a form (HubSpot) into our customer.io workspace, but it doesn’t seem to be sending all the submissions through when we test.

We are able to get submissions to send when we use a VPN which leads me to believe there is some sort of filter happening (presumably to stop spamming) but I can’t see it documented anywhere if there is.

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi there Tom 👋

Aaron here from the Customer.io support team, I hope that this finds you well!

Jumping right into your question, it’s my understanding that your form is hosted by Hubspot, which then sends data downstream to Customer.io, correct?

If so, I want to clarify that Customer.io does not perform any rate-limiting on our API that would prevent form submissions from reaching your workspace. Since the form is hosted by Hubspot, it sounds like any sort of rate-limiting or spam mitigation would be on their side of things. When you’re submitting the form without the use of a VPN, does the submission show up in Hubspot but not Customer.io?

Looking forward to hearing back from you and assisting further. And if you’d prefer, you can also open a ticket with us to discuss this directly via our support desk. You can do this by submitting a ticket under the Need Help? menu at the top of your Customer.io workspace.

Best,
Aaron