Question

Using event attributes in multi-branch split in non-events trigger

• 16 January 2024
  • 2 replies

This is a feature request, unless there is already a way to achieve it.

I’m aware that we can use “Split based on event attribute values” only for campaigns triggered by events. However, it would be great to have something similar in any kind of campaign. Let me explain.

I can add a “Wait until” block where the condition is based on an event being performed (with or without specific attributes).

I would like to then be able to split based on the previously awaited event attributes:

I managed to simulate this pattern by creating one segment for every combination of event and event “value” attribute but this is cumbersome and also slow during execution.

It would be great to have something directly doable in a single workflow.

Thanks in advance!

2 replies

Userlevel 4

Hey Valentin,

greate idea. I also searched for this feature without any luck!

If your campaign is triggered by the event, you can also use a “create or update a person” step in order to save the event attribute to the profile of the customer and then use this for the “wait until” or “split based on” step.

Hope that helps,

Felix

Thanks for the answer Felix. 

I actually used a mix of what you explain and the workaround I shared. I basically have a non-event triggered campaign that does the main flow + an event-based campaign that is just responsible to update the right person attributes.
However, the overall lifecycle is pretty slow and doesn’t fully match my needs.