Solved

Track changes of attribute from specific state to specific state

• 28 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Our business has keys, but I haven't found how they can work in CustomerIO. Maybe you know how it can work?

Keys:

We have an attribute, for example, 'current_plan.' It is a string, and the business wants to track the attribute changing from 'one_state' to 'second_state.'

Only one transition from 'one_state' to 'second_state' is interesting; other types of changes are not interesting. For example:

null → 'second_state'

'other_state' → 'second_state'

From my little research, I haven't found what I need. I hope you can help me with it. Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Felix 29 July 2023, 04:50

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4

Hey Pkosykh,

If I understand you correctly you want to change attributes in case a person will be created or another attribute changes, correct?

If so, you can create a campaign that has only the “create or update a person” element in it. There can trigger the campaing either by the event in which the attribute with the values one_state or second_state is included or use a segment.

You can then use the “create or update a person” to set the attribute to first_state or second_state. In the example below I used the attribute fruit_name.

Hope that helps,

Felix

Thanks, Felix.

It’s look interesting. but it will be work if before attribute not_exist.

For my case

on start attribute should already exist and be equal “first_state” and if attribute change to second_state

i have plan b). 

i send event by api when my attribute change on my backend. and in customerIO i setup company what wait it specific event