Solved

How would we go about setting up a instock notification campaign.

• 9 May 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi, 

I would like to setup an automated campaign that triggers when a product is back available on the website. 

Would I need to create individual attributes for each product and assign them to be FALSE in a subscriber profile and then set it to TRUE to trigger this campaign? Is there a more generalized way to set this up perhaps using events. Using the attributes if the total number of products is a lot it would seem like I would have to create many campaigns for each product.

Thanks,

Daksh

icon

Best answer by Maddie 10 May 2023, 14:57

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello Daksh,

Thank you for your question :)

My suggestion would be to use a Webhook to notify Customer.io when the items are back to being available on your website. You are correct that using events would be an easier way to achieve this. In your campaign, you can send an event to everybody who is interested in a product, which would trigger a campaign to let these people know that the product is back in stock!

When you set up a campaign and select to trigger your campaign from a Webhook option, you’ll get a Webhook URL. You’ll provide this URL to the service that you want to collect data from.

Then your campaign will run whenever this URL is called. The data from your website can take any shape. You’ll manipulate the data and associate it with People as a part of your campaign. This lets you perform Zapier-like transformations on your data without having to build an integration.

Right now, you can’t filter or otherwise limit Webhook-triggered campaign triggers within Customer.io. You’ll have to make sure that your external service- website, is set up to call your Webhook-triggered campaign’s Webhook URL with a relatively uniform data set and only when you want it to call the URL.

Another thing to note, is because Web hook campaigns aren’t associated with people—at least not directly—they don’t have many of the options that you’ll see in other types of campaigns. They have a much more streamlined workflow: data comes in, you convert it to the format you want, and the campaign ends. You won’t have the option to set a Conversion goal, Frequency, etc.

I hope this points you in the right direction! Let me know if you have any follow-up questions I can help with :)

- Maddie

Hi Maddie,

Thank you for your reply.

With using webhooks what’s the best way to identify who will receive the emails. While we can update an attribute for a product to set it to FALSE will the webhook be able to identify who has that value then set it to TRUE? How would this work across multiple products?