Solved

How would i tag people for deletion?

• 7 August 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I’m working on a campaign and trying to figure out the best way to setup the following in CustomerIO.

I’m looking to achieve something similar to the image below. If someone doesn’t click on a tracking link in the 3 email sequence, I’d like to put them into a segment where we tag them for deletion to remove them from or system.

What’s the best way to achieve this? Would we use the True/False branch and then use events to create a segment Tagged for Deletion and those who clicked to remain active?

I would love some insight, thanks!

Mike

icon

Best answer by Penny 8 August 2023, 06:45

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4

Hi Mike,

In this case, you can set up this up by creating a data-driven of people who have been sent those emails but did not click on that specific link and it might look something like this for example: 

You can create a segment-triggered campaign using this segment created. I would suggest a short time delay (of a few days maybe) after the trigger. This is because anyone who has just received your email may not have had a chance to open it and click on the link yet but they would be in this segment and the time delay is to allow them to do so. 

After the time delay, you could consider adding a webhook request action to call our API to delete this profile using this endpoint: https://customer.io/docs/api/track/#operation/delete if you would like to automate this process. 

Alternatively, you can also choose to add them to a different segment of people within the workflow, for example “Pending review and deletion”. 

​I hope this helps to get you moving along in the right direction. But if any further questions come up along the way, please feel free to reach out. Have a great day ahead! 

Best,

Penny

Thank you!