Skip to main content

I use segment.io as analytics instrumentation hub. It tracks all the events, screen view included.

customer.io is configured as target and when I check person’s profile, screen views are in there. Sync is working.

Trying to set-up campaign that is triggered by user navigating to specific screen, but I don’t see screen view in the event drop-down options.

Hey Georgi,

screen views are separated from events. You can not use screen views to trigger a campaign. Instead, you can create a segment that includes all profiles that viewed a specfic screen. After that you can create a segment-triggered campaign and choose your previously built segment:

Hope that helps,

Felix

Hi,

The segment “solution” however would trigger campaign only once, right?

I created mapping rule in segment that creates custom event for screen view, but I don’t see why there is limitation on customer.io’s side.

Thanks

Hey Georgi,

you can click on “Redefine” in the segment and add a time limitation of minium one day and set the frequency to “re-match” with one minute.

I am not sure why you can not trigger campaigns by event_type = screen tbh… Also the 1 day time limit is something I don’t like in CIO...

Hey Georgi,

screen views are separated from events. You can not use screen views to trigger a campaign. Instead, you can create a segment that includes all profiles that viewed a specfic screen. After that you can create a segment-triggered campaign and choose your previously built segment:

Hope that helps,

Felix

Nuts Felix you beat me to it! 😅 @Georgi I would follow Felix’s advice! Just make sure you think through some of that rematch timing because you could easily set something up that sends too many messages.