Question

How to suppress journey records from a broadcast email

• 8 September 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi all! I’m wondering if there’s an easy way to suppress records who are currently going through a specific journey from receiving any additional emails until they’ve exited that journey. I’m assuming I’d need to build a new segment as a suppression list but I’ve no idea where to start… any thoughts? TIA!

2 replies

Userlevel 2

Hey! This is something I’m trying to do too. I don’t believe there is a way to make a specific campaign siloed from the rest of them, but I’m managing it with an exclusion segment. 

Basically, I have a segment that is set to capture only people who have been sent the final email in my onboarding journey. Then for my other campaigns, I have a filter that says people not in that segment should be excluded. 

I don’t know if that’s the perfect way to do it (I’m far from a power user and only have a small number of campaigns) but it’s done the trick for me in a solid way - no errors to date! 

The comment above is good solution and probably the best, so far. The only problem is that you will have to remember what other campaigns the contact could potential could be a part of. Another, bit more complex solution can be to add the first step upon the campaign trigger is to add a “Create or Update Person”. So the steps would be as follows:

1. Create a new attribute called xx
  2. When a contact enters “Create or Update Person” then the update a newly created attribute with a value xyz
  3. Then you can create a campaign that would be triggered for anyone with the new attribute
  4. Then then next step would be to set ‘Wait until’ Delay and then define what criteria the contact should be waiting for
  5. So in this case the contact could be awaiting to exit your original campaign 

I hope this makes sense.