Solved

How to exclude in-app messages from a certain URL

• 31 October 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi Everyone,

I’m trying to prevent in app messages from appearing on our user’s log in screens. I wanted to add a rule that prevented them from appearing on our url . For example “company.com/login”. 

How would I create that rule in a campaign?

Thank you

icon

Best answer by debbie_otua 1 November 2023, 08:47

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hey @Sean B 

While you can specify which page the message should be displayed (or set it to all pages by not selecting a page rule), I'm afraid in-app messages can't be configured to exclude specific pages. We have an open request for a feature like this so I have added your "vote" to it so that our Product team knows this is something that would be useful to you.

I apologize for not having a solution for you today, Sean. Thanks for reaching out!

Hey @Sean B 

While you can specify which page the message should be displayed (or set it to all pages by not selecting a page rule), I'm afraid in-app messages can't be configured to exclude specific pages. We have an open request for a feature like this so I have added your "vote" to it so that our Product team knows this is something that would be useful to you.

I apologize for not having a solution for you today, Sean. Thanks for reaching out!

How would I set the pages for it to appear on? How do I set the page rule?

Userlevel 2
Badge

How would I set the pages for it to appear on? How do I set the page rule?

Hello 👋

How to set those rules is showcased in this part of the docs: https://customer.io/docs/journeys/send-in-app-message/#page-rule

Let us know if you have any follow-up questions! 😊