Solved

Event conditions within a campaign flow

• 31 July 2023
  • 1 reply

I have a flow that triggers on event A, then waits for 15 minutes, checks if event B has occured and if not then sends a message to the user. My question is the event condition dropdown has “has occured” but it’s unclear if the conditional event is checked within the lifecycle of the event flow.

I’d like my flow to “repeat” so if a user tiggers event A, then triggers event B five minutes later then no message. If the subsequently trigger another “A” with no following B after 15 minutes then they should get the message.

Is this possible?

icon

Best answer by Penny 1 August 2023, 05:20

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4

Hi @philmadpaws ,

Great question! The best way to achieve this would be to use a Wait Until action (after the event trigger) in your campaign workflow. 

You would be able to set the wait until conditions for Event B to happen, and you have 2 options here:

You can check for whether:

1. Event B is performed (meaning this will need to happen after the trigger event has been performed) or
  2. Event B has ever been performed (meaning this event could have been performed in the past historically, and if it has not, wait until it has been performed)

So if someone performs Event B, they would go down a path to not receive the email. 

You can also set a maximum wait time of X number of minutes. After that time has lapsed, they would go down a different path to receive the email. 

Based on your use case here where the same person could be triggered for the campaign again, and needs to wait for Event B to happen again then the first option of “Event B is performed” should be the option you use in this case. (So that past event Bs would not affect the new campaign journey.)

I’ve also linked our help documentation on Wait Until action here for your easy reference: https://customer.io/docs/journeys/wait-until/

I hope this helps! :)