Question

Can I save parts of campaign workflows for later reuse in other campaigns?

• 19 December 2023
  • 2 replies

We have been using the Customer.io Campaigns feature for a while now especially for our lead magnet workflows and email/sms sequences - it works very well for this 📈

There are some parts of the campaign workflows that we re-use quite often though. So I’m wondering is there a way to store parts of the workflow or entire workflow as a template with placeholder delay values, prepared emails, etc? 🤔 Today we are copying parts of the workflows into new campaigns, but this tends to introduce plenty of mistakes even though your alerts in workflow components are highlighting the elements that need attention. 

It would be amazing if we could create such workflow templates and have a library of created templates that can then be used by our team members whenever we introduce new campaigns.

Thank you 🙏

2 replies

Userlevel 4

Hey Maiko, 

You can copy existing workflows by clicking "Copy worklfow" in the "Build" section. You can find more information about this feature here. There are no templates for worklfows, but you can set up campaigns with the name template in it and select these campagins when using the feature. If I remember correctly you can also searchby name during the copying process.

Hope that helps, 

Felix

Hey Maiko, 

You can copy existing workflows by clicking "Copy worklfow" in the "Build" section. You can find more information about this feature here. There are no templates for worklfows, but you can set up campaigns with the name template in it and select these campagins when using the feature. If I remember correctly you can also searchby name during the copying process.

Hope that helps, 

Felix

Hey Felix, thank you for the response!

Saving the workflows as templates is a good tip that we have not used yet - thanks for that. We are using the “Copy Workflow” feature from active campaigns, but it is introducing the mentioned issues. The template campaign approach seems to circumnavigate some of these problems and I’ll try it out for sure. 

Thanks, 
Maiko