Solved

Campaign not showing people waiting

• 22 December 2023
  • 15 replies

Userlevel 1

I created a true/false branch for users who clicked in an email, I do see people under the  “false” branch (people who didn’t click) but I don’t see people under the “true” branch (people who clicked) although I know that people clicked (based on a segment and based on the user activity).

What can be the reason for this issue?

icon

Best answer by anandmarar 26 December 2023, 17:53

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 4

Hey EM92,

can you also provide a screenshot of the condition in your flow? There might be an error and thus everyone goes to the “false” branch automatically.

Best,
Felix

Userlevel 1

Thanks, @Felix! Attached screenshot.

Userlevel 4

Hmm… seems to be correct. Have you doubledchecked if you are tracking the opens in clicks in “First email”?

Userlevel 1

@Felix Thanks, yes, I did check - it does track

Userlevel 4

Would you mind sharing the segment definition as well in which the clickers got selected correctly? And: is there any chance you selected the wrong email, e.g. from a test campaign with the same name? (happened to me once).

Best,

Felix

Userlevel 1

@Felix thanks again! I doubled checked, but it looks everything is configured as expected.

The thing is that I see people in the two segments I created (each for the URL click).

The issue is with the true/false split - for some reason it doesn’t count the “First Email” clicks. I could change it to “Any Email” because the other ones don’t have a URL link there.

Userlevel 1

I ended up replacing the True/False split with a Segment split, and hopefully this will work out.

Userlevel 4

Hey EM92,

I would have suggested the same thing. But be aware, that a click on the unsubscribe link is also a click. In order to be more specific you can use the “clicked a the specific url”. There, you can work with RegEx expressions to define the url.

Nevertheless I would reach out to support to ask about the misbehavior. I am sorry I couldn’t solve the problem.

Best,

Felix

Userlevel 1

Thank you, @Felix. Your comment regarding the “Unsubscribe” option means that using Segments is preferable because each segment concentrates on a specific link, rather than on “Any Click.” I believe the latter solution is the better choice.

I've added a “1-day” delay between the first email and the segment split, allowing the system time to update and to ensure the customers' attributes are updated for clicks, as immediate updates would result in the record not being set and being categorized under “All Others.”

Regarding clicks

If the domain of the urls you’re sending the traffic to is example.com, then you can use the condition  - clicks on any link https://example.com/* 

This wil encompass every link and exclude clicks on the unsub link. 

Regarding workflow conditions

In the first screenshot you shared, you need to add a time delay before you check for clicks to the links in the email. As per the current setup in the screenshot, customer.io will start looking for clicks as soon as the email is delivered and since the profile hasn’t clicked (or even opened) the email, they are being redirected to the FALSE flow. 

Your conditions are perfectly fine. Just add a time delay. 

Userlevel 1

Thank you @anandmarar. Regarding time delay - what would make sense in your opinion (accounting the user needs time to open the email, etc.)?

Userlevel 4

@anandmarar so true! I didn’t see that.

@EM92 You can move the “wait 1 day” before the if-condition. One day might not enough, though. I would suggest 2-3 days or even a week, but that would stretch your campaing timeframe as well.

Userlevel 1

Thanks, @Felix. Regarding @anandmarar suggestion: If the domain of the urls you’re sending the traffic to is example.com, then you can use the condition  - clicks on any link https://example.com/*  

I don’t see a way to define the URL in the true/false component - there’s only “has ever “ > “been clicked”.

Thanks, @Felix. Regarding @anandmarar suggestion: If the domain of the urls you’re sending the traffic to is example.com, then you can use the condition  - clicks on any link https://example.com/*  

I don’t see a way to define the URL in the true/false component - there’s only “has ever “ > “been clicked”.

Sorry, my bad. You can create a segment using that condition and then use the segment in the true/false step in the workflow.

Regarding the delay, I would have a minimum of 1-day delay but then that is dependent on the business use case which I am unaware of. 

Userlevel 1

Awesome! Thank you both @Felix and @anandmarar ! Appreciate it.