Question

Reason 4.1.8 Sender address rejected: Domain not found

• 23 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Hello, I recently encountered a problem with 4.1.8. I cannot send an email to the client. I understand that the domain is not verified. But when I go to domain management, all the checkboxes are green and the domain is verified. I can't send emails to the 'icloud' mail. This is only in one workspace, everything is fine with the rest, but there are other domains. I suspect it's because of the DMARK Record.

2 replies

Привіт, нещодавно я зіткнувся з проблемою з 4.1.8. Я не можу надіслати електронний лист клієнту. Я розумію, що домен не перевірено. Але коли я переходжу до керування доменом, усі прапорці зелені, і домен підтверджено. Я не можу надсилати електронні листи на пошту «icloud». Це тільки в одній робочій області, з рештою все добре, але є інші домени. Я підозрюю, що це через запис DMARK.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Ricky 👋

Aaron here from the Customer.io support team. 

Jumping right in, this specific bounce from iCloud actually occurs because the MX records for your domain are missing. While we do not know which domain this is reference to, if you do a lookup on the MX records that Customer.io requires (cioXXXX.example.com), you will likely find that the values are missing there. For reference, if you’re sending from our servers, those MX records should have a value of mxa.mailgun.org and mxb.mailgun.org if your Customer.io account is based in our US hosting region. Otherwise they would be mxa.eu.mailgun.org and mxb.eu.mailgun.org if your account is hosted in our EU region. 

For reference, you can see I answered a similar question here about a week ago: 

I hope that helps, Ricky! If you need anything further, please let us know. Cheers!