Skip to main content
Solved

Tag "cio_link_id" not found error

• 27 June 2024
  • 5 replies

I don’t understand this error, what I am doing wrong?

I am setting up the tracking for universal links, adding the class=”untracked” and the query param ?link_id={% cio_link_id %} as per the documentation: https://customer.io/docs/journeys/universal-links/

5 replies

Userlevel 2

Hello,

Byron here from the technical support team. I see a similar error in the Problems section of the code editor when testing from my workspace, but I also see that the tag is rendering when I preview the link or send a test email.

It looks like we may need to pass this issue over to our engineering team for review to see why that is being reported as a problem in the editor. In the meantime, can you confirm that the link id is being included and that your universal links are navigating and tracking as expected?

Hello,

Byron here from the technical support team. I see a similar error in the Problems section of the code editor when testing from my workspace, but I also see that the tag is rendering when I preview the link or send a test email.

It looks like we may need to pass this issue over to our engineering team for review to see why that is being reported as a problem in the editor. In the meantime, can you confirm that the link id is being included and that your universal links are navigating and tracking as expected?

Hi Byron! Thank you for your quick response. They’re indeed being included and the links are working as expected.

@Byron

Can I ask you, in order for this to work, do I need to uncheck this option from the workflow? or the class=”untracked” already is doing it for that particular link?

Userlevel 2

@escigo You do not need to uncheck the tracking setting at the message level. class=”untracked” will cover removing link tracking on the links you are manually tracking with cio_link_id

Now Campaigns show 0% Opened and 0% Clicked… so what was supposed to work it’s not.