Question

Create profile and set subscription preferences at the same time?

• 12 October 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2

Hi people,

I'm trying to add a newsletter registration button on my website “news” page. The way I want it to work is that the users would enter their email address, click "Get updates" and then it would create their profile on Customer.io and subscribe them to a specific topic (updates) but not the others such as sale topics.

What’s the cleanest way to do this?

1 reply

Userlevel 4

Hey Kimmyh,

I think you have to options here:

Use the form caputre function

You can connect a form to CIO via integrations > forms. Check out this article on how to do so. Using this way, you will have to add a hidden field in form with a boolean value which is set to “true”. Let’s call it topic_updates. After you scanned the URL the field will then be shown and can be mapped to a CIO attribute. You can either create your own attribute or use the default subscription center attributes like cio_subscription_preferences.topics.topic_<id> (You have to first set up the subscription center).

Use a webhook campaign

You can also use a webhook campaign. Check out this article. Here you will have to have a form tool on your website that can send webhooks. If so, you can send the form as a webhook and then add in the CIO campaign a static value to the attribute to your attribute or the default subscripiton center attribute (see above).

I think option one might be easier, though 😁

Hope that helps,

Felix