Skip to main content
Question

how do I upload again the database that I deleted and that automatically the people are again in the segments they had before deleting them

• 15 July 2024
  • 1 reply

Hello, what happens is that I deleted some contacts from the customer.io database, and some of these people I have to upload them again, it turns out that some of these people before deleting them were already in segments that were automatically updated, how do I upload again the database that I deleted and that automatically the people are again in the segments they had before deleting them?

1 reply

Userlevel 2

Hi Natalia,

Byron here from the Customer.io support team đź‘‹

Once a profile is deleted, the data and history for that profile is deleted and non-recoverable. As long as you did not suppress the identifiers during the delete, you can create a new profile using the same identifiers and apply as much of the data you have about the deleted profile to the new profile, using a CSV import or another method: https://customer.io/docs/journeys/identifying-people/#ways-to-add-people. This can help you match conditions that check for profile or event data, as long as you can backfill the data to your new profiles.

Unfortunately, there won’t be a way to tie any delivery info to the new profiles, so if your segments are checking to see if a particular message was sent or opened by a profile, you won’t be able to add the new profiles to the segments without the profiles meeting the new conditions again.