Question

Prevent users to enter multiple campaigns

• 19 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Hello Everyone! 👋🏻

I am new to the Customer.io community and I am looking for some assistance. 

I have setup two campaigns for different markets and I would like to prevent users (who might be part of a market A and market B) from entering both of them at the same time. How would I go about it? It seems like I can’t segment based on if someone took part in a campaign x and exclude them, which would be the easiest.

Would  setting up a filter with segment condition: if someone received any email from a campaign x  would work? 

Thanks,

4 replies

Userlevel 4

Hey Johann, 

you just answered your question yourself 😉

The easiest way would be to create a segment which includes everyone who received an email of the campaign. You can limited that by a time period so they are not excluded forever, if you like. 

Hope that helps, 

Felix

Thanks a lot Felix!

Userlevel 1

I actually wanted to post a similar question. The approach Felix proposed is one option. Having a direct segmenting option in c.io that allows filtering all users currently part of a journey/campaign (or not) would still be better. @Customer.io anything like that on the roadmap?

I had cases in the past where this approach based on messages did not work. Assume that you have e.g. an onboarding campaign which, after registration, starts with a wait time of 1 day, then sends the message. If you have a feature upselling campaign for your users and wish to only trigger it on people not using the feature and not currently in onboarding, a different solution is needed, as people should not enter this upselling campaign also during this wait time. 

My approach so far was to create a new attribute (e.g. currently_onboarding) and set it to true with a “update people” action of the onboarding campaign, and to false once the onboarding sequence has come to an end.

Any ideas for different approaches highly welcome! 🙏

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hey @digitalisierungsprofi 

I’ll consider this follow-up question answered based on our discussion here: 

If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to ask. 😊