Solved

Limit number of customers entering a campaign

• 11 March 2024
  • 5 replies

Hey,
we are planning to run an offer that is available for a limited number of (new) customers. First come, first served.

Is it possible to limit the number of campaign entries, or somehow track entries globally?

So the first 100 customers would receive the offer, all following customers wouldn’t receive anything.

Thanks a lot in advance!

icon

Best answer by Mau 13 March 2024, 10:40

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 3

Hi @Trommelochse 

Currently, setting a limited number of users that enters a campaign is not an available feature within the application. That said, I definitely see how this would be useful and have submitted a feature request to our team on your behalf. 

In the meantime, you can still view the total number of recipients who received an email from your campaign on the Analysis page.

Thanks a lot for your answer. I expected this outcome, but gave it a shot anyway. 🙂
We’ll monitor and switch things on/off manually for the time being.

Have a great day!

Userlevel 1

@Trommelochse if it’s really important you could use the following workaround, although this requires some software development work:

• set up a webook that acts as a counter and stores the number of customers that have received the promotional message. the webhook should have methods to increase the number by 1 as well as just return the total number
  • call the webhook in your campaign as last element to increase the counter +1
  • check total number via the same webook at the beginning and exit people from the campaign
  • you might still stop your campaign manually later as the mechanism described above will not prevent users from entering, but they will not receive any messages once the counter has reached e.g. 100

Just a thought in case it’s really important. But not so easy to set up.

@digitalisierungsprofi 

Thanks, I actually thought of that solution myself, but didn't pursue it, as dev resources are precious and time was of the essence.

We decided to do it manually, had a slack channel set up that informed me about every customer, to keep an eye on things. Was okay.

However, your solution could come in handy for all types of global variables, I might start building such service as a side project. 🙂

Thanks for engaging, I really like this community!

Have a great day 

Userlevel 1

@Trommelochse I think it would actually be very helpful if c.io would introduce a concept like “workspace variables” that could be used universally to read and update key/value pairs that are not related to people. @Customer.io is there something like this on your roadmap?

2nd thought: maybe c.io’s “custom objects” could be used to store such things. create an object of type “key-value-store” and just use it for that purpose of storing such variables. But I think it’s not currently possible to modify objects in a way like “create or update person” (but for objects) action in a campaign

3rd approach: I think there is a service like the one you mention building as a side3 project. I haven’t tried, but this looks great for such purposes. It just generates you a temporary webhook under a secret URL and API token, which you can then configure: 

https://docs.webhook.site/index.html

Have a great day too!