Solved

Last purchased product from specific category

• 24 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi,

Within a campaign we would like to communicate to the customers the last purchased product from a specific category. 

I believe I am able to choose the trigger - which would be the purchase and filters would be that it does not contain 2 other categories. So i should get contacts that have purchased in the desired category. Then I could possibly choose the “Create or update person” module to give these contacts the last purchased product from that desired category - however, i only know how to insert the name of the product, but ideally in the email I would besides the name of the product also display the picture and a button to buy the product. Similarly like we have it in the emails for abandoned cart, screenshot below. 

Can you please help me how I could condition it so that I can showcase the last purchased product from the desired category? If not, we would just have to work with the name. Or would we be able to work with it as shown in the screenshot? It would be better to also have a picture and a button since the idea behind the campaign is that it should be repeating purchase of a product that is about to run out and they should buy more. :-) 

I would be glad for any suggestions how we could do this. :-)

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Felix 25 April 2023, 11:01

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4

Hey Zuzana,

the easiest way would be to have more information about the product to show in the event. Maybe you can check again what other kind of data about the product you have. In your specific case what you would need is the following:

• Product image URL
  • Link to the product on your website
  • Price of the product (optional)
  • Description of the product (optional)

If you are not able to send this data via an event, you can also look into collections. Therefore I think you would add the product id to the event and and lookup the information about it in the collection.

Hi Felix, 

thank you for the reply. Within the event we do have this information. I just want to make sure that only products from the category “others” will be shown. 

I just need to ensure that the last bought product that would be displayed in the campaign would be that product and i am not exactly sure how to insert it into the template. 

So technically if i set the trigger to send to people that have bought from that category “others” and then i choose to update that person with the last purchased product - would this last purchase product be from the category others? 

Thank you.

Zuzana

Userlevel 4

Yes, that is correct. It should be then from the category “others”. You can also include an if-clause there (see here), e.g. {% if event.products.product_category = “others” %} in the email itself to make sure it is in the category, but then you will have to make sure to have fallback :)