Solved

Daily campaign

I’m trying to create a daily campaign where if a person meets the trigger campaign, they should receive this campaign on a daily basis. I set the frequency so that a person can receive the campaign multiple times if they re-match the condition every day. However, I’m finding that users are not actually re-triggering into the campaign to receive it daily. How can I set this up? The campaign is a push notification daily reminder campaign.

icon

Best answer by Maddie 5 July 2023, 08:56

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 4

Hey Bigir,

I think 1 day is referring here to 24 hours, just in case that might be the problem.

I woul recommend here to work with a dely within the camapign workflow, such as a “wait until” or “wait until specific hour of the day (e.g. 9 am) without using the frequency option.

Hope that helps,

Felix

What if I want the campaign to go on indefinitely and trigger every day. I want everyone who hasn’t yet met the exit conditions to re-trigger the campaign. How would I do that?

Userlevel 4

As long as the trigger is met, the person will reenter the campaign as soon as they exit, as long as frequency option is not used 😉

After removing frequency, users are still not re-entering the campaign. Although the user is meeting the trigger conditions, they are not re-entering the campaign. I set the exit conditions as - no goal and People don't exit early, they move through the entire workflow. Not sure what is going wrong here.

Userlevel 1

Hi there @bgiri,

Maddie here from the Customer.io Tech Support team :)

Thank you for writing in about your push notification daily reminder campaign. From what you have described, it sounds as though some users have entered the campaign but have not then re-entered.

In order for a user to re-enter a Campaign, they must have finished their previous journey and stopped matching the trigger condition/s then re-matched the trigger condition/s. Also, you need to have the Frequency setting on which, from your original post’s screenshot, I can see was correctly set up!

There is an exception for event and form-triggered campaigns as, by default, they allow users to enter the campaign each time the event occurs. With those campaigns, users can be in simultaneous journeys.

I have sent you a message in case you would like our team to have a look at the exact campaign you are referring to. Otherwise, I hope the above is helpful but feel free to post any other questions you may have!

- Maddie 

Thanks for the response Maddie. I think that is the issue - the user finishes their journey in the campaign but they did not “stop” matching the trigger conditions and are therefore not re-matching. I’m trying to set up the campaign so that the user continues receiving the campaign on a daily basis until they meet the exit conditions. Is there a way I can set this up?

Userlevel 1

Hi @bgiri,

Thank you for getting back to me, I’m glad to hear we’ve worked out the reason your customers are not re-entering your campaign just yet!

There is a way for customers to re-enter a campaign at a fixed interval instead under the Frequency setting. https://customer.io/docs/journeys/campaign-triggers/#frequency. The only issue with changing that setting is that it is only forward-looking and won’t affect previous customers who have gone through the campaign. 

• Re-match to fixed interval: Only new people who match your settings will restart. This does not apply to people who have already been through the campaign.

So there are two options with this, our team can run what we call a ‘Force Match’ so anyone who still meets the trigger conditions will be scheduled to enter back into the campaign at the interval (according to your frequency setting).

Or you could stop the current campaign and start a new one with the same trigger/s and the fixed interval frequency set to what you need for this campaign. Then to save you time, use the ‘copy workflow items’ feature to copy the entire workflow to the new campaign.

If you would like our team to run the Force Match for you, could you please email us directly at win@customer.io and include a link to the campaign and this community post also :)

-Maddie

Hi Maddie - Will the frequency set interval option enable users to re-enter the campaign? Since currently this is a test campaign, I can test that out before we go live with users.

I will not need the force match since we haven’t officially started the campaign yet.

One more question - with the frequency fixed interval option, is it possible to have people exit using the exit criteria? Or will the users still re-enter if they match the trigger conditions?

Userlevel 1

Hi @bgiri,

I apologise for the delay in my response! I have adjusted my email notifications placement in my inbox for the Community posts, as I had (without realising) set them up to go to a folder that was not clearly visible.

I hope my delay has not caused too much inconvenience! To answer your first question- yes, the set interval option will enable users to re-enter the campaign as long as they still meet the trigger conditions.

In regard to your second question, you can still have people exit the current journey they are in early using the exit criteria by selecting one of these:

But if they still match the trigger conditions, then they will re-enter at the next interval. To prevent this happening, I would suggest adding a condition to the trigger that excludes the goal. For example, if my goal was A customer enters segment: Paying Customers. I would add in a condition to the trigger that is: Not In Paying Customers so that people that have not entered the segment will still continue to be scheduled for the reentry (if they meet the other trigger condition).

Like this:

Thank you again @bgiri for your patience on my reply! Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions! Just so you know, I’m not in tomorrow (Friday, 14th July), so you are always welcome to email us directly at win@customer.io instead!

-Maddie