Solved

Can I have a trigger and goal as the same event?

• 6 April 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi

I am trying to make a push notification campaign to remind users to perform a specific action every 5 hours.

The initial trigger for the campaign is an Event → wait 5 hours → send push notification 

I need to exit the campaign in case the user performs the desired action before the 5 hour timer is up and restarts the campaign.

I was trying to set up the goal as the event so that It can exit once the goal is achieved but the campaign never triggers since the goal and the trigger are the same event.

Any ideas how I can set this beheviour up?

I need to restart the campaign every time the event is triggered and exit early in case the timer has not completed.

icon

Best answer by debbie_otua 7 April 2023, 17:04

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @antonioMB 

Thanks for raising this question! :)

You can definitely have a trigger and a goal as the same event. While we’re not able to dig too much into strategy-type questions, you could consider using a workflow that looks like so:

• Send one event to trigger the campaign
  • Have a wait until condition and max time of 5 hours, where the condition is “event” is performed, and the condition leads to an exit
  • That same event could then trigger the same campaign again

Another alternative would be to set up a workflow where you’re sending two separate events. One will be a trigger event and the other event would be either:

However, this will depend on when you send the event data to Customer.io.

Hope that’s helpful!