Solved

Abandoned cart not evaluating correctly

• 18 May 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi,

we have recently set up an abandoned cart campaign for another web (we have it set up for 3 other countries) exactly as the previous ones. However, in the drafted emails I can see that it is not being evaluated correctly - because it is sending the cart even though a contact has perfomed the purchase (e.g. event cart was sent at 11:44 am and purchase event was sent at 11:48). Two hours later, this contact was drafted an abandoned cart email. 

The trigger is the event cart - then “wait for 2” hours - then true / false branch based on if the contact made a purchase or no and then sending the email. 

The true / false condition is based on this (screenshot attached). And when i checked some contacts their last_purchase_date attribute was bigger than the trigger event attribute sent_at so they should not have received the abandoned cart email.

Since the customers, had a cart and then made a purchase the drafted emails look like this (attached screenshot) and no products are obviously displayed because there is none in the cart. 

I would appreciate any help, maybe there is some small detail I am missing, even though it is set up as the other ones and those work fine. :-)

Thank you in advance.

icon

Best answer by Felix 18 May 2023, 12:11

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4

Hey Zuzana,

have you checked if the last_purchase_date attribute gets updated immediatley and correctly?

As I see it, you don’t need the filter in the event condition (lower part of your first screenshot) since the event purchase has to be triggered anyway after the use enters the flow.

Further, you should set the event purchase as goal in the settings and let the user exit once the goal is reached (if you haven’t already done that).

Hope that helps 🙂

Felix