Skip to main content

I have a large number of "attempted" and "undelivered" because there is no device synced to the customer profile. I only have 3% delivery rate. What can we do to deliver better? We only send out push nofication through customer.io.

Hi @Stina ,

One thing to note is that we automatically delete invalid token devices if we attempt a send and they are invalid - then subsequent attempts to delivery (based on our automated retries) would end up failing eventually due to a no device synced status and you can read more about that here: https://customer.io/docs/journeys/managing-customer-mobile-devices/#we-automatically-delete-unregistered-devices

In addition, you can also follow the suggestions outlined here to segment to only send to people with valid device tokens: 

I hope this helps to get you moving along in the right direction here! :)

Best,

Penny

Hi,

Thank you for your answer but I don’t understand how to create a segment with the right people. What should I choose to send to people that have agreed on push nofications (I guess this comes from Apple/Google?) but also have a device synced? I can’t fint where to segment on “device synced”. Where do I find it?

Hi @Stina 

In the segment conditions, if a device “exists”, it means it is synced to a person’s profile. :) 

Best,

Penny

Alright. So is this settings right to only send to people that have pushnofications on and that have a device synced? 

@Stina yes, that correct. Also only using the “have a device with push_enabled = true” you will get the needed audience, as this is found only for users with Devices added.

Where do I find “have a device with push_enabled = true”? I don’t find where to choose it.

@Stina It was already included in the segment criteria you shared. It is only enough with that ;)

Hi, I have the right settings now but still doesn’t get any good delivery. Is there anthing we can do? The delivery rate is around 6% but we only send to people that have a device. Shouldn’t the delivery be much better?

Do you have any idea? What is the normal delivery rate?