Solved

Can I create rich push in JSON without utilizing the SDK documentation?

• 24 March 2023
  • 5 replies

My product team informed me we can not integrate the SDK documentation without creating issues in our app. Is there a way I use JSON to send a rich push without the SDK? 

icon

Best answer by ljho 24 March 2023, 21:56

View original

5 replies

Badge

Hi @majormase , yes you can use JSON to send a rich push without the SDK.  When you’re creating the rich push notification, switch to the Custom Payload tab to access the JSON editor.

More about custom payloads, and some starting JSON is available in the Customer.io docs here.

Hi @ljho 

Thank you for the support! I followed the instructions on the document you provided, but it looks like the JSON is invalid and won’t display an image. Do you have any other solutions? 

Badge

When you mention that the JSON is invalid, are you getting a warning in the editor or not seeing the image on your device? 

And are you testing on iOS, Android or both?

I am seeing the error message saying the JSON is invalid and I am not seeing the image load on my devise. I am testing on both Android and iOS.

Badge

@majormase I may need to look at the JSON in order to help.  I sent a direct message over email-- let me know if you don’t see my message.