Solved

Limits to attributes I can store on a user profile?

• 1 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Are there limits to the number of attributes you can store on a person's profile? Are there limits to changes we can make in data?

icon

Best answer by caitlinboatright 1 March 2023, 19:06

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4

Hey Taylor,

does not exactly answer your questions, but maybe that helps: https://customer.io/docs/invalid-api-requests/#why-only-300-attributes-at-a-time-and-only-1000-bytes-per-attribute-value

Best,

Felix

Userlevel 1

Thanks Felix for sharing that link! 

Customer.io doesn’t have a known limit for the number of attributes that can be added to a workspace or to a person’s profile. 

With the limitations listed here, we can’t identify more than 300 attributes in one request. And we do have limitations on how much data can be stored in an attribute, for performance reasons. 

I hope this helps! 

>With the limitations listed here, we can’t identify more than 300 attributes in one request. And we do have limitations on how much data can be stored in an attribute, for performance reasons. 

Does the 1000 byte limit per Attribute only apply to API requests as well?

I assumed it also applied to Attributes saved to a profile and updated manually or by a Campaign. I was doing some user edge case testing today where a Campaign would create an Attribute that has array of ids.
[123456789, 123456789, repeat 1000 times]. 

I expected this to fail and get an error from CustomerIO that this exceeded the data limit. But, the Attribute updated and I was able to use it in a message.