Solved

can I set an avatar image as an attribute for users?

• 18 October 2023
  • 3 replies

clearbit enrichment provides an avatar URL for my users. Can I set an attribute that will update users in Customer IO to show their avatar in the UI?

icon

Best answer by Mau 18 October 2023, 12:43

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3

Hi Nick, 

I’m afraid Gravatar images are no longer used in the UI of Customer.io. We’ve created a feature request to allow setting a profile’s avatar to display in the UI.

Please don’t hesitate to send any other product feedback or feature requests to us via email to product@customer.io.

Thank you for understanding! 

Best,

Mau

Thanks for replying. Is there a setting I need to enable for this to work? At the moment none of my users are displaying their gravatar images (myself included)

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hey @NickH 

Apologies for the confusion, and thank you for the reminder — we needed to remove the mention of Gravatar usage in our docs, this feature has been removed from Customer.io. For now, the avatar are initials which are generated from specific metadata available on the profile.

We’ll create a new feature request to implement some kind of attribute to store a profile’s avatar. Please don’t hesitate to send any other feature requests to us via email to product@customer.io. 😊