Solved

Transactional email template not using the email/identity set to FROM property

• 7 November 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I have configured a transactional email template and have set the sender (FROM property) from one of various identities I configured previously.

Say, I have these two identities:

1. first@mycompany.com
  2. second@mycompany.com

Initially I configured the email template using first@mycompany.com as the sender (FROM property) and everything works correctly. I send emails using this template programmatically.

Now I want to change to second@mycompany.com, I made the changes and it still sends messages using first@mycompany.com.
When I send test emails using the “Send test..” option from the “Actions” menu it works as expected. But when I send actual emails programmatically it doesn’t take the newly set identity.

Thanks in advance for any help

icon

Best answer by Penny 7 November 2023, 07:10

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4

Hey @cbold.io ,

Would you be able to check the API request payload for your transactional email to see if you’re sending the “From” email address within the request?

It is most likely that the first and original From email address is included in the request payload. Per our API documentation: https://customer.io/docs/api/app/#operation/sendEmail if you include this in the payload, it will override whatever is specified in the template. Once you remove this from your request it would send from the From address as specified in your message template.

I hope this helps! :)

Thank you Penny, you are absolutely right. Somewhere else in the code someone hard coded the first email.