Skip to main content
Question

Too many emails going to suppressed

• 12 July 2024
  • 3 replies

Hello everyone, 

We have identified that too many of our emails are ending up in suppressed. This is happening in some of our campaigns and also in some broadcasts. 

Need some advice 🙁, is there something we could do to fix this? Do any of you have some ideas!

They would be greatly appreciated!

3 replies

Userlevel 4

Hey Angelica,

I think you will first have to figure out why the emails are suppressed. You can check that in Settings > Workspace Settings > Email > Suppression List. Are there a lot emails in the tab “Bounced” or “Spammed”?

If most are in “Bounced”, you can also click through some of them. If the reason is “Reason: 5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist”, then this is a hard bounce. This means there is a typo or the account was shot down.

If there are a lot in “Spammed”, this means a lot of recipients clicked on “Report as spam” in their inbox. Some follow up questions would be: Have your recipients consented in receiving your emails? Do you use double optin? Do you maybe send too many emails? In this case you can also check the reporting of the emails and see how what the “spam rate” is. It actually should be less than 1%, better less than 0,5%.

Hope that helps,

Felix

Hey Felix!

Thanks for your response, answering your questions:

• Have your recipients consented in receiving your emails? Yes, they have
  • Do you use double optin? No, we don’t
  • Do you maybe send too many emails? No we don’t, we also have three types of subscription to also avoid them getting information they don’ want, and the information is sent in a segmented way
  • The spam rate is 0%, is the bounce and suppressed rate that I see that is kind of high, see the examples below

The info I’m getting in the suppressed list is:

So maybe the problem is we are getting bounced a lot and then suppressed for that reason. Do you know anything we could do to improve this?

Userlevel 4

Hey Angelica,

thanks for providing more insights! Yes, I also think a lot of recipients got surpressed because they bounced. You will now have to check why they bounced. I think the best way to check this is to analyse the suppression list of the workspace. You can see there the reason why the emails bounced (see the first two paragraphs of my first response).

Best,
Felix